You have probably never ordered wedding invitations before. You are going to find yourself going into that stationery shop or pick up the phone to call… and it hits you. “What do I say?” The truth is, finding an invitation is like finding the perfect partner.
You should never just go for the first or cheapest invitation designer you find. You need to get to know them and their style and figure out if your personalities work together. So what do you ask, exactly, to figure out which stationer is best for you? To make the process easier, we have created a list of questions you should ask an invitation designer before deciding to hire them:
ABOUT THE STATIONER:
- What makes you different from other invitation designers?
- Can you describe your signature style?
- What principles is your business built on?
- What are the benefits of ordering from you?
ABOUT THEIR PROCESS:
- How long does the entire process take, from consultation to finished product?
- What is the process like for a day of stationery?
- What sort of payment schedule do you have?
- How much involvement will I have in the process?
- What’s your procedure for proofing my design?
- May I review a copy of your contract?
ABOUT YOUR VISION:
- I have a bunch of ideas but can’t settle on one, will you help me with that?
- I’d like to incorporate something into my wedding invitations. How can I do that? (e.g. letterpress printing, rabbits, a monogram)
- I know I want a certain sort of look/style. What are my options? (e.g. rustic, modern, classic)
- What options am I able to customize?
- What other paper options should I be aware of aside from your default paper and envelopes?
- Do you offer any services to help make my wedding a little easier?
- How can I get the most out of my invitation budget?
- Do you have any other suggestions based on the ideas I’ve laid out?