The weddings are essentially just big parties, and choosing the right food and drink options is essential for you and your guests having a good time and enjoying the reception. Your wedding menu is going to be impacted by what foods are in season since you will want to serve your guests fresh, flavorful food.
If you are getting married in the spring, you have the most space to play around and get creative. The spring offers so many bright flowers, pastel colors and light flavors. The spring is known for those features, and you should definitely use them and play them up in your wedding planning, as well as your wedding menu planning. Make sure to incorporate as much fruits, vegetables, and herbs as possible. Some that are in season this time of year include melons, asparagus, apricots, lavender, and mint. You can also celebrate the warmer weather by choosing foods that will complement bright sunshine and blooming seasonal florals.
Here are some of the best spring wedding menu ideas that are going to be popular in 2020/2021.
Spring Wedding Menu Ideas for the 2020/2021
- Assorted charcuterie board
- Colorful fruit bar
- Mixed green salad with a raspberry-infused vinaigrette
- Deconstructed bruschetta
- Mini shrimp salad rolls
- Orange-soy glazed scallops
- Lightly seasoned trout with parsley-caper vinaigrette
- Spring vegetable risotto
- Grilled rack of lamb with asparagus
- Herb-roasted chicken and rice with fresh apricot
Cake and Desserts
- Lavender wedding cake
- Petit Fours
- Colorful candy bar
- Grab-and-go cotton candy stand
- Raspberry coolers (champagne and raspberry sorbet)
- Mint Juleps
- Make-your-own Mimosas
- Assorted flavors of lemonade (such as raspberry, lavender, and peach)