For many brides, their first wedding can be a little bit overwhelming, and the task can definitely be very daunting. Why? Because they want everything to be absolutely perfect and dreamy, but it’s their first time doing it, so they are not sure how to go about it.
Nevertheless, there is no need to worry, given countless brides have successfully done it, and so will you. However, that does not mean that you will not use a little bit of help along the way.
One of the most important people during the process of weeding planning is a wedding planner. Having a wedding planner could make or break your wedding, and the difference is in knowing what to expect from him/her.
Here is what your wedding planner needs to do exactly.
A Wedding Planner is there to do exactly that, but you will be the one to decide how much power you give to him/her. You may decide that you only need our help with planning the wedding on a few different things. This may be to just plan the ceremony or just plan a reception. That is completely up to you and your preferences.
Everything a good wedding planner should be able to do:
- Sourcing venue locations for the ceremony/reception
- Attending appointments on your behalf /or with you and advising you in situations where you are uncertain or unfamiliar with the topics
- Advising you on where your budget is best spent
- Managing and updating a budget spreadsheet
- Reviewing all your paperwork and contracts
- Styling your event/or working with your preferred stylist depending on the event size
- Sourcing the best deals from top suppliers
- Helping with your wedding day stationery copy: invites, thank you cards, menus, place cards, seating charts
- Managing your RSVPs
- Sourcing hard to find props/vendors
- Overseeing set up of the wedding and packing up once the wedding is over
- Advising you on wedding day etiquette
- Acting on your behalf to all suppliers